Saturday, May 5, 2012

Poetic Reflection Week 34: Tasithoughts from California

Welcome again to Jingle Poetry at Olive Garden's Poetic Reflection Week 34,  where we interview one of the authors who contribute such a great amount of poetry, time and support! This week we interview Jon-paul Leddy a.k.a. tasithoughts.



Will you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Jon-paul Leddy. I am originally from the island of Guam. I am native Chamorro with a mixed heritage of the native blood, Spanish, Portuguese and American Irish.
I love to travel, write, read. I love sports, music and film. I also enjoy a great sense of humor.
I am a sales manager for CFO Rick Inc. ( www.cforick.com) , an accounting and Bookkeeping firm in San Francisco, CA. I am heavily involved in the business community of San Francisco and currently am the Co- Chairperson of the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Group, the President of the Bay Networking Group, the Secretary-Treasurer of the BNI ACME Chapter and a member of the Golden Gate Business Association.

I live in beautiful Lake Merritt, Oakland, CA.


Please tell us about your blog, and what it means to you.

Tasithoughts Weblog ( http://tasithoughts.wordpress.com/) is my personal expression of my thoughts and myself to the universe. It allows me to share things that are important to me from my interests, to my life, to film, LGBT issues, poetry and family. It is allows me to be creative.


Can you remember writing your first poem? Can you tell us a little about it?
I think I was I was in Jr. High. I just remember that I discovered the real power of words to paint feelings.


Will you give us some insight into your style of writing, or the style/form you prefer.
I am by no means a seasoned poet so my style is really raw and undisciplined. I try to use word and flow to described an image or feeling that I am having and convey it in writing. All I know is that there are times when it just flows out of me with such purity. It is one of the most satisfying experiences.


Are there any styles of poetry you find difficult or annoying, and why?
No. I am a sponge. I enjoy all styles.


Do you write more than just poetry?
Yes. I love writing in all forms. I have written reviews of films and TV shows. I have written press releases and short stories. I also am a speech writer.


What poem, written by you, do you like the most, and why?
" Do You Dream Of Me? http://tasithoughts.wordpress.com/2010/08/28/do-you-dream-of-me/
It was a poem I put to video and music about a sweet but short romantic interest of mine that never was fully realized but was real nice memory for me.


Do you have a favorite poet?
Maya Angelou. There is something so organic about her work that moves me. Her voice is powerful and inspirational.

Do you have any mentors?
Too many to mention. I am a student of the world.


Do you have a favorite place to write? Are there certain emotions that inspire or trigger writing?
At my desk, at the park, or by the beach. Life triggers me.


What is your favorite type of music?
I love all kinds of music so my taste are pretty eclectic. You will always see me plugged into my iPhone listening to something.


Your favorite book?
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch


Do you have a favorite quote that inspires you or your writing?
"Poetry puts starch in your backbone so you can stand, so you can compose your life."

- Maya Angelou


Any other creative passions?
I love movies. I love watching them and writing about them. I am trying to learn how to make them.

If you could have dinner with any famous deceased person, who would it be, and where would you dine?
William Shakespeare. It would be at a local pub over beer and just really get to know him. I mean who is this guy who thought up all that great stuff!

1 comments:

Marissa Biden Sergey Christina Murphy said...

bless you, Tasithoughts,

keep supporting our community.