Thursday, May 17, 2012

Friday Poetry Blog Review Week 36 on Buttercup600 Amanda


There aren’t many blogs perhaps that just state the pen name/name of the blogger directly. Usually we tend to emphasize our idea, or thought or sometimes even randomness. Today’s Tuesday Review/Blog of the Week shows that simplicity is indeed beautiful, as we look at the second host of Monday Poetry Potluck here at Jingle Poetry, Amanda. Or Buttercup600, as her pen name says. The tagline of her blog itself says “Seat of my Soul” and we’ll begin with that!

Let’s Know More About Amanda!

“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself.” This is from her “About Me” page at her blog. The words show she has a fierce belief in herself, and her words reflect that belief. Through her blog, she challenges herself to find her hidden talents and poetry comes out to the fore as one of them, which is for certain. Going by her archive, she’s been in the space for 7 months now, starting in March 2010.

Does The Design Attract The Eye?

Yes, indeed it does attract the eye. “Eyes are the windows to the soul”, so I’ve heard. The header of the blog itself gives an inviting look as she emphasizes that her blog and the words there is from her heart and soul, as she puts her eyes there. Black to me is always attractive, and the design she has chosen retains that simplicity in attraction. Single sidebar with limited widgets gives more space for her words, keeping the reader’s attention solely on the poetry.

The Writer Who Is, Amanda!

Amanda’s work, like I’ve previously mentioned, reflects that uniqueness that she has. It also reflects her blog design in the fact that she pens it simple, yet there is depth too, as there is meaning beyond the obvious. I feel that she has a strong attraction toward free style, and not much of poetic forms. The lines of her poetry aren’t long and in this aspect, the flow and/or rhyme are smooth.

Each of her posts has an image that suits the words well, and she takes care to reply to her readers when they give a comment. The “Have A Great Day” image that she signs off each of her posts with is very nice to see, and the hunger for writing a lot, delivering in quantity & quality, is evident from the archive which shows 40 to 50 posts each month. Other than poetry, the blog also has a vivid hue of tasty dishes and recipes as well.

I think continuing writing the way she is will be good to take her a lot further, and that she is improving with each post is good to see.

Cheers to a talented poet!

You can click on the image to take you to Amanda's blog! Have a lot of fun reading there!

ABOUT ME:

I'm Leo or Leonnyes here! Hope a lot of you read this review and also visit Amanda's space & read her lovely poetry!


0 comments: