Saturday, December 31, 2011

Poetic Reflection Week 20: on Bradley Peraino

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Bradley Peraino. I am 32 years old. I am married to a wonderful woman, Sara Lyn. I am a veteran of the U.S. Army, where I spent my career flying unmanned drones.

Tell me about your blog, the name, what does it mean to you?

I have two blogs; poetry by Bradley Peraino is dedicated to my poetry. The second, the beginning of the end, is dedicated to a Zombie related short story which is in the process of becoming a series.

My blogs


When did you start blogging?

I started blogging earlier this year (2011).

Your first poem? Remember?

It was my eighth birthday and I was not happy. I had reached the morbid stage in life earlier than expected, I guess you could call it my "goth" period. I wrote a poem called "Death". It was pretty simple, which seems to be a pattern in my writing, short, and to the point. It's probably the poem that I am most proud of.

Death (November 8, 1987)

Death is to me like life is to you.
Death is to me like sky is to blue.
Death is to me like heat to a flame.
Death is to me but, you’re not to blame.
Death is to me like eyes are to see.
Always and forever, death is to me.

What are your writing inspirations?

The experience of life. I try to pull from all aspects of life; experiences, dreams, thoughts, observations, etc.

How do you define poetry as “Good”? Do you revise your work?

Poetry is in the eye of the beholder. I have poems that I find to be childish, immature, and even just plain bad but, I allow for all of my writing to be judged by each individual. You never know, one of those "bad" poems just might touch someone. Revision? I feel that no literary work is complete. There is always room for improvement.

When did you start writing poetry? Do you write fiction as well?

I started writing on my 8th birthday. I started by writing poems but. have since begun to write short stories and I am interested in trying my pen at a novel.

Do you have a favorite author or poet?

My favorite poet would have to be Edgar Allen Poe. To be honest, I'm not sure why though, his words always seemed to 

Favorite Quote:

No bastard ever won a war vy dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard
die for his country. ~ Gen. George S. Patton.

Why do you support Jingle Poetry Community, including Jingle Poetry @ The Gooseberry Garden?

The poetry world is a tough one. In order to survive as a poet, you have to help others survive. By helping one another, not only can we all advance our own poetic agendas but, we can help preserve the dying ( yet growing) art of poetry.

What's your plan for your future writing?

I don't try to plan. I have learned that with my writing, the least restrictive environment is the best one. So, I plan to write when inspiration flares and let it lead me where it may.

2 comments:

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Great one.

keep it up.

Anonymous said...

great interview.