Saturday, December 10, 2011

Poetic Reflection Week 17 on Kay Salady


Tell us about yourself, please? 

I am an author who likes playing with my dog, Honey, swimming with my daughter at the local pool, and most of all, writing poetry.


Tell me about your blog, the name, what does it mean to you? 

The name of my blog is my pen name and it was given to me by my daughter, so it means a lot to me. 



When did you start blogging? 

2006

What are your writing inspirations?  

Everything that touches my heart, mind and soul.

How would you define poetry as “Good”? 

If I read a particular poem and it sticks in my heart and I walk with it, then I know that it is good.  

Do you revise your work? 

No

When did you start writing poetry? 

As a child. 


Do you write fiction as well? 

Yes

Do you have a favorite author or poet? 

I have too numerous to count:  Pablo Neruda, Rumi, Stevie Nicks, etc.  Please include her/his blog link.  :)


Can you share a piece of your work or a poem that best represents your talent?

My daughter feels that Goldfish Dreams best represents my literary talent.  It's her favorite poem.

Goldfish Dreams
The goldfish flew out from the sea
Onto the shore in quantities
So large that I could hardly see
The sand or shell for fishery
Their sparkling eyes and mouths agape
Sent quite a shock throughout the Cape
As I and Dandy tried to walk
About the shore as fish kerplopped
Around our feet and above our heads
In colors bright of orange and red
Just as a goldfish soared up high
I jumped and reached toward the sky
Then caught it in my arms midair
That splendid fish yes I did dare
In my green dress and matching hat
I caught a fish imagine that
And as I stood beside the sea
My Dandy snapped a pic of me
Looking quaint with my fine catch
My fish and I were quite a match
A seabird came to fetch my baubles
At which time began the squabbles
About the money that we’d make
From dreaming of the fish I’d take
From sea of green beneath the blue
Yes it will come I swear ‘tis true
Then I shall sit beside the sea
With honeyed bread and lemon tea
Writing poems about our love
Then painting goldfish up above
The sea of green and sky of blue
With rainbow colors just for two

-Kay Salady
the poem content along with the poem link of my blog is shown above.


Why do you support Jingle Poetry Community, including Jingle Poetry @ The Gooseberry Garden? 


I support Jingle Poetry because I feel that it's vitally important to read the work of others and to support people in the writing community.  I like the way the writers in this community interact with one another in a polite manner with a positive attitude.

What's your plan for your future writing? 


To write, illustrate and publish my next book.

2 comments:

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

lovely response, Kay.

keep it up.

Gerry Snape said...

lovely post. Thankyou for this insight .