Sunday, January 1, 2012

Poetry Picnic Week 20: Fairytales, My First Time, Hope, and New Year's Resolutions





Dear Fellow Poets:



Welcome to a new year at the Gooseberry Garden's Poetry Picnic!  It’s so thrilling to begin 2012 here at Jingle Poetry with the bright hope of new beginnings. As we ring in the New Year, we take time to reflect and to look forward as well.  


Today, we can begin with a fresh, clean slate.  That’s what our theme for this week is all about.  Do you believe in fairytale?  I do!  Have you thought of doing something new this year?  I have . . . going to an ashram in India!  Does that count for fairytale and something new?  What is your hope for the coming year?  I hope I can put in a little more time at the gym!  Ha-ha!  Have you made any resolutions?   I resolve to reflect outer peace by becoming even more peaceful on the inside.  Whew!  That’s a lot to think about.  Well, we’d better put our thinking caps on and consider at least one of these ideas.  1, 2, 3, let’s write!


I’ll see you at your page!


Yours truly,


Kay Salady







Eve’s New Year by David (1MereMortal)


New Year’s aftermath
From Eve’s celebration
Throwing her cares
To the winds traveling
The four corners
To be forgotten along with the
Sentiments consumed
Within the fifty-two weak
Potables counted down
To the last intoxicating shot
Before calling her father
To say goodbye one last
Time


A Look of Eagles by Donna Swanson


Those who walk on the edge of eternity
bear the look of eagles.
Gazing on the truths we have not yet
been forced to see.
Those who walk on the edge of eternity
are captured by a larger vision;
And if their attention seems out of focus
in our darkened mirrors,
it is only because the veil is lifting.
We are unmasked by them,
and our hearts are stripped of masquerade.
Our hands are hungry with the need
to hold and touch,
even as they withdraw, into silent determination.
The edge of eternity must be a lonely place
for who can know the battles fought,
the victories won in bitter silence.
Or the hard won faith that can never be shared
with those who walk beside
yet apart.
Those who walk on the edge of eternity
bear the look of eagles.

Resolutions by Desert Rose

I failed
Again!
I needed to stop needing you
But I ended up
Needing you more
Like the sea holding its shore
Wickedly extracted . . .
Enchanted
I wanted to never want you
But I only kept
That extreme urge
Like a spilled cup
Bewildered
Cursed myself
With words and tears
Crashed my hopes
With swords of fears
Bled to the core
What to do more?
I want to hate you
And learn the art of letting go
Whispered to my delusional mind
I soak myself in dreams
Feeling you around or so it seems
Killing myself with belief
Your absent presence is my relief
Or so I think
That way I sink
More into the neutral attention
That you simply expose
Beyond the verse and the prose
Through the fire of your burning sighs
These unheard cries
Where you hide me
Within the muse
Reading all your cues
Laughing till bursting tears
In the sudden happening of silence
But
I still shiver to your undialed call
Run to your unopened arms
Dance around your never mine charms
I still hail
To your comings
And I still fail
At my never accomplished resolutions


Methods of Submissions:
 
Share your work using InLinkz below, and leave a comment in case it is your first time!  It would be super great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, at 2pm, and will stay open until Wednesday, 8pm, 78 hours for you to share your talent with us!

Theme for next week?

Week 21 Theme will be:  Children's Stories, Riddles, Counting Songs, and Rhyming Lyrics for Young Kids.  Keep up the excellence.  Hope to see you share then!

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO JANUARY BABIES, YEAH!



January 12, lolamouse, lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com

January 18, Imagina, http://imagina1.wordpress.com/

January 19, Sina, http://ssina.wordpress.com

January 23, deadpoet88, deadpoet88.wordpress.com/

January 26, Teenage Poet, http://www.teenagepoet.wordpress.com/

January 29, AlmondJoycie, joycefied.wordpress.com

H A P P Y   P O E T R Y   P I C N I C !



19 comments:

Maggie said...

Is it me? I see no link. : )

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

linking starts at 2pm, about 32 minutes to go,

welcome.

Happy New Year.

The Poet said...

Hello everyone. Happy New Year!
Kay, thanks for hosting this, the first Picnic of 2012. Love your image. Excellent poet choices to kick off the year.

Mine today is new & my first post for 2012.
May your year be filled with much happiness, laughter & an abundance of love. All the best!

A Poet's Immortal Thoughts

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Happy new year! And thanks for all the fun prompts!

mindsinger said...

I chose to repost a prose piece since it plays so well on the theme. Thanks for featuring my poem, A Look Of Eagles. May you New Year be blessed with the love of family, friends and fellow poets!

Daydreamertoo said...

Thank to Kay for hosting. Happy new year everyone.

Chronicles of Illusions said...

A New Year always reminds of the way I would dive into fairytales and myths as it approached...as if they would make the world a better place - so this for me is a sort of New year tradition I guess...
Happy 2012 to all !!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2012 to all!
Rach

Joann / Into Stillness said...

I'm looking forward to this New Year. I've come to it, blessed by the years that have passed, so my offering at the beginning of 2012 is a bit reflective.

Blessings on you all as you go forward.

Sasha A. Palmer said...

Hi, thank you very much for inviting me! I'm yet to figure out how to link to a particular page on my blog,so the link I'm submitting will take you to my latest posts. If you look up the older ones, you'll find more poems, limericks, and short essays. Thank you in advance for stopping by! Happy New Year!

Kay said...

If you Google how to link, you can find all the information you'll need on linking within a blog.

1) highlight and copy the url at the top of the page you want to link to

2) highlight a picture or phrase on your page within a post then hit the little link button and a pop-up will appear

3) paste the url link where it says http://

and, voila! You've linked your post to the page.

Kay

Amity said...

Hi Jingle...

Happy New Year...now trying to get back at your Gooseberry Garden!:)

indiwriter said...

Happy New year folks! And it's lovely to see the fresh look of The Gooseberry Garden.

cheers,

Celestial Dreamz said...

A happy and peaceful new year to everyone here .... and thanks to gooseberry Garden for providing this platform ... may we all grow positively ...

N.S.Kirti said...

wishing a happy happy new year to all!!!

Hema said...

A very Happy and cheerful ahead !

psychebubbles said...

Gorgeous shares! :)
Have a happy and prosperous New Year Everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to back on the picnic this new year. Thanks for your consistent hosting of this forum

Bijaylaxmi said...

A happy and prosperous New Year to all my friends..:) Sorry for the delay...