Sunday, March 4, 2012

Poetry Picnic Week 26: Seven Deadly Sins



Welcome to Jingle Poetry @ Olive Garden Poetry Picnic Week 26, 

Last week's poetry picnic was a GREAT one, where the Jingle Poetry Community has had a great opportunity to learn and share poetry on military, ... and we officials at the poetry picnic are happy about the response that You give us. Thank you very much.
This week is going to be very interesting too as we are going to touch upon seven deadly sins, well, everyone got a few, let’s spend some time self checking, or peer picking. Take a sin and study about it, then write what you think of it…Read the samples below, then join us...

THE SEVEN ENLIGHTENMENT'S by JamieDedes  

Luxuria

Shop ’till you drop
And lusting the night away
What emptiness filled?

Gula

Stuffing down dinner
Eating when you’re not hungry
Emotions packed

Avaritia

Must have and more
Never enough when feeling less
Running on empty

Acedia

Ah, discouragement
No faith in God or in Man
Swim in depression

Ira

Wence comes this rage
And hatred is your hallmark
Angry with your Self

Invidia

Other’s good brings low
In your backpack, jealousy
Feeling valueless

Superbia

Arrogance and pride
Heavy indeed your burden
Narcissistic you

Greed by Shan  

On plush leather chairs,
And air conditioned avarice,
They sit and decide our fates.
These suits.
These hierophants of etiquette.
Below in the streets,
People fight for aid sent
from overseas.
They throw money at the armed
well muscled guard.
Begging,
Mercy,
My child is ill.
My family starves.
Coffee is served.
With ginger biscuits.
Ties are loosened,
And money exchanged.
Not pennies,
Like below.
Uncomfortable laughter.
As consciousness
becomes a figment
and a bank balance.
A memory.

Patterns by u keep moving forward  

I only write because I am
Tired and too weak to resist;
Otherwise I would push
The swollen part of myself
Back down to the core of me
And let it marinate,
Waiting for the sweet air
Of expression to connect
With it, allowing the fully
Flavored pain to explode onto
Paper, soaking through
Layer after layer as
The pen presses harder
Against the resisting desk,
Trying to break it apart
With frenzied stabs
And strokes.
I pull the pen back,
Dip it in the
Pure oxygenated blood of my heart, and let
It drip across
The page in random patterns.

Armani Pride by Chris G.                 

Armani, sir, don’t you mind
The scales underneath the silk—
My tongue is worth a hundred souls,
My pen a thousand more.
The world, my throne, self-carved—
I think mere mortal knowing
Might yet be deigned to see
Some tracest memory
Of wealth, innumerable, that lies
Within this fairest grace.
-
Before the pride, yet rides The Fall,
One-winged angel recompense
With Hell and Fire resolute
This passion, wild, divine
Will never bow nor know
Another master but its own—
Smile through the pain,
For you and thee are nothing but
This maddened laughter spouts
From believer, know er, all.
-
Cast me down, you break me down,
It is of your own pathetic drives—
Kill it, beat it, des-e-crate it,
Such a base begotten crave
Of jealousy, and ranched salivation
Of those below the knowing
Of this manicured salvation—
All I need, the dollar, plastered
Forming yet eternal
The foundations of my history.

Seven Deadly Sins by Emmanuel Ibok  

 On the high throne
the judge sits
about to pass verdict
for sins commit.
Her name is called
and I’m the issue
“Remember when you lied?”
the Judge counted
“promised you’ll love him
deceive him to believe
cheat on him in secrecy
lavish his cash
file a divorce
and took all his wealth
Remember?”
She tried to plead
like it was a sin
she inherited
not one she committed
but the verdict
had been concluded
and a seven deadly sins count
was charged against her
for my useful life
she rendered useless
still
my life could not be
restored
as my body slept
peacefully in its casket
and my soul taking flight.



Thanks for supporting poetry, poetry promotion, and poetry sharing here Olive Garden Poetry Picnic!!!

How To submit your poetry?

Add your entry via InLinkz below by clicking on the blue button, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.
Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, 2pm (CDT), and will stay open till Thursday, 8pm (CDT), at least four days for you to share your poetry with us...






Life In Verse and Taylor Boomer Love Your Presence, Smiles! :) ;) ;)

Please share your poetry, comment below and read some very talented artists and have fun!

Week 27 Theme: Rain, Spring Break, My Favorite Color, First Kiss       


22 comments:

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

welcome Back!

YEAH!!!!!

come on in and share.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

yes,

I am so happy to see this back.

Anonymous said...

I felt lost without you guys lol !!!! Glad you're back !

gautami tripathy said...

something went wrong. please remove my link at number 20!

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

welcome,

I am getting out of town for my son's concert today,

will be BACK READING you.

best.

xoxox

Tigerbrite said...

Glad to see you back... and I didn't have to wait until Monday morning to post my effort. You are now up and running before the middle of the night here in Europe.

shail said...

I have linked a poem I wrote some time back :)

tigercity said...

yes, si, oui..
my offering comes under "lust".. not really a sin in my book, but then I didn't write the book ;)

JamieDedes said...

I didn't know you'd included a poem of mine here. How very kind. Thank you, Ji.

I'm just beginning to get back to a normal writing schedule. Been a long haul.

I'll play today, as much as I can.

Many blessings,
Jamie

JBinford-Bell said...

Nice to have you back.

Mia said...

Before Jingle poetry i simply exsisted, and this place not only saved me but fullfilled my every breathe.
being gone,letting everyone down hurt more than words can say.

this was my 1st goal after months of hospital food,take 2.
come back, live.

Luna

The Poet said...

Hello.
Good to be back among familiar friends. Is it a sin to be beautiful? You decide:
What Makes A Woman Beautiful

robin said...

glad to be here as usual...

Anonymous said...

So lovely to have you back! Have entered one old piece (that I happen to LOVE), but will try to write something new for this topic as well!!!!

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank You -A Great Theme most inspiring...

Daydreamertoo said...

Thanks Jingle, you've made so many name changes, I'm not sure who is at what anymore. There's the Hyde Park one now too. Is that still Gooseberry?
Thanks for this prompt and good luck with it all.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Glad to see JP back!

Jennifaye said...

The name changes kinda confuse me too. :) But I'm glad to participate again after a long time. Thanks Jingle!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jingle,
I haven't posted in a while, but seven deadly sins caught my muse.

What I posted is the third idea that popped up the first took on a life of its own and became very long.. the second was way to long, and this well I went a little squirrelly:-)

I hope your having agreat day!
Gerardine

Unknown said...

amazing place to be.

Anonymous said...

Greeting dear poets and friends....
How are you?
Long time didnt join the picnic. I have been away from blog...
hope you enjoy to read my newest post

Sincerely,

C.Sasmita
(Journey To Eternity)

The Poet said...

Have we been spammed? There seems to be a lot of autobiographies here???