Sunday, November 13, 2011

Poetry Picnic Week 13: Childhood, Dreams, Books, Role Models

Welcome to Jingle Poetry at The Gooseberry Garden Poetry Picnic Week 13, we have loved your Puurfect and poetic participation last week.

This Week, we will handle cases on Childhood, Dreams, Books, and Role Models, which means that, you are going to dig deep,  study these terms, write about how they position, impact,  and add light to your life. 
Image Credit: projectgifted.com

Life in Verse and Morning welcome You to the 13th Poetry Picnic today! 

Next Week, we will have Kay Salady hosting poetry picnic week 14, GET E_X_I_C_I_T_E_D!

Please read some of the most talented, amazing poets from below and submit your own to share!  BIG SMILE!!! ;)

Through Rose Tinted 
By 
CC Champagne
A childhood memory through rose-tinted glasses,
is a dream I want to maintain.

The aroma of my grandmother's cinnamon buns,

I wish I was there again.
The softness of her loving embrace,
the ease of life at that age,
when the future is all unwritten,
and life is a blank, white page.

A childhood memory through rose-tinted glasses,

is a dream I want to maintain.
But in my mind, whatever my age,
I can revisit it all again.


Writers and Novelists
By

Birth :
Words flow through a hand
writings its own mind by a pen
A new page written every time
as a new day dawns.
I flow with every move
of that invisible fingers
Marriage:
Open the index that points to
the sweet twist in my chapter
Wherein I have asked you
to join me to unfold new pages
So that we can reproduce
a sequel in the coming days ahead.
Death:
Among the ups and downs ,
I had my best writings
to be reproduced into editions
for generations to come.
I still ...
I still live through them
So never repent
even if hear someone says that
My Chapters have been closed. 

Butterfly
by
Shashi
Look, there she is, there on the window pane
A new friend from the dreams last night
As she promised to teach me how to fly
In sunshine and in rain
She is bright and beautiful, pinker than my ma’s cheek
Her wings have so many colors
Like the rainbow I painted last summer, for Pa’s Birthday
Before he left for the war, to make money for us to eat
Tell me butterfly, how does one eat money?
How does one go to the war?
I don’t want Pa to go to the war; I don’t want any money to eat;
You know, whenever I hug him, I don’t feel hungry at all
Oh! Butterfly, why are you flying away - so far?
Out side, the day is still full of light; sure you can wait a little more?
Ma will be back soon, from her night shift, and will let you in
Don’t you see, I can not; I am in the bed, too sick to unlatch the window bar
Butterfly, my dear Butterfly, you have teach me how to fly
I promised Pa - a hug tonight, I know where he “wars” now;
Ma showed me the other night, when she cried
“There, Kalina, there he is, the Evening Star”
You know Butterfly; I love him so much,
Much more than I love Ma,
Really! You must teach me to fly, as I have to go now
You see, my Ma does not even smile much
________________
@Shashi Oct, 2010


 
To Each in Stardom is Born to be Forlorn
By 
A. B. Thomas

To be adorned in the robe of youth is to wear upon the sleeve,
One’s desires and wish of boundless achieve,
To strut upon the spot lit center of society’s stage,
Confident that though script-less the audience will engage,
A new star with an almost impish air of mischief,
Yet instead doesn't society pan and insist youth to humbly receive?
The unwritten tome of expectation placed in civilized cage,
To sit idly whilst it is whittled down to a pamphlet page by page,
Society provides the focus to be but a player of knowledgeable disbelieve,   
Whilst within deep for the improvise acted naught secretly grieve.

Clouds in The Attic
by
As she walked ahead
In her enthusiastic little hop, skip and jump - steps
I fell behind, in my own thoughts; old and aging
Yet keeping pace with her fresh world
That turns in, with a burst of rainbow
On every turn, flying like a butterfly
Across her little universe of wonder
Now she stops; the deep forest
Climbing up the steep incline of the mountain
Has her attention; complete with one hand under her chin
And I know, she knows what to ask,
With a sweet little smile behind her knit wool gloved little hand
And stump me with her wide charmed eyes
“Why those clouds are leaving the mountain alone?
Do you think Grandpa, Peakoo* will be happy without them to play?
Do you think they are coming over to play with us?
Can you give your extra blanket to put them up, in the attic for the night?
Grandpa, it’s very cold now, you know, they will shiver
Before I could think an answer and say,
“Kalina, lets go now, it’s going to rain”
She has already moved on
Playing with the soft cold breeze, moving up from the valley
With her hands out stretched, running, almost flying
Like the autumn leaves, that joined in to play, in her wake
________________
@Shashi Oct, 2010
*Peakoo = She calls the mountain peak in her own world of friends.
November Birthday Celebrations:    

November 2, Tootsie: Tootsie 
November 3, Eric Alder: Eric 'Bubba' Alder 
  November 15th, Dakshima, Dakshi 
Square sunshine, November 23, Poetry24  

Methods of Submission to Our Poetry Picnic:

Share your work using InLinkz below, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.


Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, at 2pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT),  78 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


What About Next Week!!

For Week 14, we will have theme ”This is what I’m thankful in life!, because it is the week to celebrate Thanksgiving Holiday, of course, Random poems are also welcome! What fun, that's next week!
Morning Appreciates Your Continued Support, Please Feel FREE to share, encourage, and get inspired! Random poems are welcome too!
 
H-A-P-P-Y P-O-E-T-R-Y P-I-C-N-I-C!
Image Credits: Google.com 

35 comments:

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

welcome,

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to fix some tiny tech errors in the end of the post,

Happy (Belated) Birthdays,

and Thanks for the poems shared here,

Shashi, C. C. Champagne, and A. B. Thomas!

Anonymous said...

We have enough time, so take your time, and share when you are ready.

Best Wishes!

xoxox

Morning said...

Uma, Glad to see you contribution for week 13 poetry picnic,

love your poem.

:)

Grace said...

My post is up. Thanks for the prompt ~

The Poet said...

Hello all.
As always thanks to Life in Verse & Morning for hosting this week.

Thanks also for some awesome poetry by CC Champagne, Uma, Shashi & A.B. Thomas.

Birthday congratulations to all the November babies!

Enjoy the Picnic everyone!

Imaginary Dreams

Teresa Marie said...

Happy 13th picnic everybody! And my links are up. Thanks for all the enjoyment you've given me since I was invited to join in! Peace and blessings, Terri

Morning said...

Welcome, poets, or poetic friends,

I am working on some maintenance stuff, will visit you soon.

BEST!

:)

Anonymous said...

i posted some haiku

Uneven Stephen said...

Thanks for the wonderful post and invitation. I'm sharing a poem a wrote recently that fits the theme of childhood dreams.

Ted said...

Ted Richards

new to gooseberry

poem about the penn state situation...

JBinford-Bell said...

Off topic this week. Stormy day captured my poetic muse I am afraid.

LifeInVerse said...

*highfive*

Maggie said...

Hi, Happy Gardening. : )

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank You for the wonderful poetry -a pleasure to read and to know such talented poets.My humble contribution
http://poeticocean.blogspot.com/2011/11/poem-in-response-to-gooseberry-garden_13.html

RiikaInfinityy said...

Hi guys, it been long....


I am still busy and tired but here is something related to book, hope you enjoy it :) Thank for the invitation.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks for the prompt. I wrote a poem from my childhood imagination.

Chèvrefeuille said...

What a nice theme this week. I love this theme. What a wonderfulle extraordinary poems.
Mine is just posted.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay of making comments,

feeling tired, will visit soon.

Happy Poetry Picnic.

Rohit_blogger at http://floating-expressions.blogspot.in/ said...

hi poets,
This is ROHIT (LINK NO 111)
just submitted a poem based on theme childhood dreams titled "unfulfilled dreams" through a link(LINK NO 111,ROHIT)directed to my blog 'floating-expressions'
hope u like
all comments,critics and feedback to improve are whole-heartedly welcome.

Rohit_blogger at http://floating-expressions.blogspot.in/ said...

here's the direct link anyways

http://floating-expressions.blogspot.com/2011/11/unfulfilled-dreams.html

tigercity said...

Hi cyber-penners..

my latest is about this married woman who was drunk and tried to get me to take her home.. which i resisted as it was wrong immorally.. even though us red-blooded men find this hard to say no to.. anyway she apologised the next day for her behaviour..

K. Shawn Edgar said...

The fists stay up as the feet go forward.

Aakriti said...

woaaa...this blog seems like a literary family to me:):) It's fun to be here..so exciting...my birthday is up soon:):) haha!!:D...
PS: will try my best ( to tk out time from busy schedule) to keep in touch with all the fun ppl here enjoying
the picnic..:)
Aakriti

Aakriti said...

and yep...Happy birthday to all the gorgeous Winter- November- born babies:)

Nel said...

Apologies for being late to the picnic.

Thank you for the email reminder, JP.

I hope your week started right, fellow poets.

Anonymous said...

late for this one.Now i'm here again.Greetings. :D

Anonymous said...

Both the entries are submitted earlier itself...Hope those who haven't visited yet may find this new...Thanks for the reminder..

Anonymous said...

hello everyone.... hope all have a blissful day :)
such a long long time i didn't participate here,unfortunate my newest poem didnt fit with the theme, but i do want to share.... feel free to visit :)
God Bless you :)

Sincerely,
Journey to Eternity

Bubba said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

The Orange Tree said...

Hello,

will try to read some of you now.

Cheers.

Adura Ojo said...

Hi,

Lovely themes. I missed this. I've added GG to my blogroll now so I'd know about updates.

Zoe said...

I am so sorry, everyone - I had intended to get around and visit some great poetry but something nasty has come up that is taking all my time and emotion. If I could remove my link, I would, but I can't. So please accept my apologies and I will try to visit later in the week.
Have a lovely picnic - wish I could be there for it.
Zoe

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

No obligation to visit, Zoe, please relax.

loved your submission,

please allow others read if possible.

ds said...

I just linked (thought I was too late). Nov 12 post is of childhood; today's is in a way dream-like. Now to visit!
Thank you.