Sunday, June 10, 2012

Meet The Poet Sunday Week 38: Ms. Peaches



Get to know more about our fellow wonderful poet and his/her work right here @
Jingle Poetry @ Olive Garden!!


Welcome to the wonderful Sunday Morning at JiPo@OlGa. It's time to brush shoulders with the poetic talent, I mean, Now...It's time to Meet The Poet!

Ms. Peaches




Will you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m an extremely passionate person. I love to sing, write and I’m an avid reader. I’m very passionate about the legal profession and hope to one day advance from my career as a paralegal. I love working in the community and dream to have my own girls’ home. I also love to cook.

Please tell us about your blog, and what it means to you.

Peach Pit Propaganda is mostly poetry but here and there you’ll find journal like entries and guest blog postings and sometimes just randomness. My blog is a good depiction of the many passions I sometimes FEEL.

You can find Ms. Peaches blog here:

http://peachpitproduction.wordpress.com/


Can you remember writing your first poem? Can you tell us a little about it?

Yes I can – but I only remember that it was in grade school and that it was a haiku we had just learned about them and I was very excited.

Will you give us some insight into your style of writing, or the style/form you prefer.

I’m not so sure that I necessarily have a particular style of writing that I prefer…I write what I feel—If I’m passionate about it then I can express it with a “natural” flow – so to speak- I do like for my poems to be rhythmic though—it just makes me feel good inside and creates a melody of words.

Are there any styles of poetry you find difficult or annoying, and why?

I’m not so great at haiku’s they are just weird to me – I’m never sure if I’ve done it right.

Do you write more than just poetry?

Yes, I write songs too – not in music form. Though one day I’d like to know how to write actual music and I aspire to write a book or two.

What poem, written by you, do you like the most, and why?

“Finding Love” because it’s about love and every word that I used is either a synonym or definition/description of a synonym and the rhythm is just beautiful and in tune with the emotion I was trying to express.
Finding Love

It’s the adoration, the adulation
the pure appreciation, the amorous
allegiance, oh, it’s truly a weakness,
as this affection, this infatuation
this regard that makes
it wild for the tenderness,
the zeal, the sensations,
of devotion, the inclination,
to the fondness, that it’s
rapture relishes in, to
respect this fidelity,
to be so real, in delight, all the
passion it feels, it’s ardency
amity, its affection to the
sentiment, that is profoundly
tender to me
it’s a feeling of warm deep affection
that I need, it’s a requirement for
an intensely amorous incident to occur
to embrace or lock it in with
a kiss, it’s more than just a wish
it’s not just a passion with strong desire
but an affectionate concern to
never, not ever, to no extent
not even 2 a degree, absolutely be…
just understand it
for it’s fact, yes it’s true
not just something to apprehend clearly
let it be with certainty
Fixed in your mind let it create
a memory, with a need to be seen
because its no longer possessed or
retained to be led astray, maybe
turned away, bewildered to place
around not even a familiar face,
it missed the way, but here I’ll stay…
waiting for love to be…


http://peachpitproduction.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/finding-love/


Do you have a favorite poet?

It’s always hard for me to say I have favorites…I love Maya Angelou and Ntozake Shange.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is the 1969 autobiography about Maya Angelou's early years that is referred to as a coming-of-age story that illustrates how strength of character and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma. What specifically in the work do you identify with and why?

I was able to feel her complete vulnerability and resilience -there was just so much strength despite the atrocity she experienced. While I don't share the same story as she does I share the strength from going through many trials and tribulations of my own as a child.

Ntozake Shange is the American and playwright and poet best known for the play For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow isn't Enuf. There has been a lot of talk about the screen adaptation of her work and the ability of film to capture its true essence. Have you seen the film and what do you think of translating works from one medium to another?

Yes, I have and I think that Tyler Perry did a wonderful job staying true to the essence of the original collection of poems. The movie was just as powerful as each poem in it's individual right - the only thing that didn't come across as strongly as maybe the original work is which color each woman is depicting. You know for sure the colors of two of the woman but you are left guessing on the rest. While in the play it's apparent which color belongs to whom.

Do you have any mentors?

No, I don’t.

Do you have a favorite place to write? Are there certain emotions that inspire or trigger writing?

Any emotion that I feel to one extreme or another inspires me…meaning if I’m feeling really happy, sad, hurt, etc. it makes me want to write to get the feelings out. Music also inspires me to write.

What is your favorite type of music?

I’m inevitably a Jazzy-R&B-Gospel driven kinda chick. If I can sing it I can love it.

Your favorite book?

Maya Angelou- I know Why the Caged Bird Sings.

Do you have a favorite quote that inspires you or your writing?

No I don’t.

Any other creative passions?

I sing and praise dance and cooking if that can be considered creative.

If you could have dinner with any famous deceased person, who would it be, and where would you dine?

Harriet Tubman—I would cook for her.

Now, the final three "trademark" questions...If you had your own band:

What would it be called? I do have a band – it’s called PhorseField BLACK – pronounced Horse not force

What would be the title of the first album? “OuRevolution…STOP the press”

What would the title of the first single be? “Age of Aquarius” (already produced)

0 comments: