Friday, January 13, 2012

Jingle Poetry at The Gooseberry Garden~~Poem of The Week~ Winging It'

This week, the focus is on personal poetry.  

The first thing we need to know is that: one could study it an entire lifetime and still not know everything there is to know about it, this is what makes 'personal poetry' so unique in its style of expression. 

Secondly, it varies from person to person. Writers understand poetry in their own unique ways often revealing strange features and attributes about themselves unconsciously. Personal poems are also known as ' portraits'. Reading through this week's entries, I came across a unique title and a deeply effective 'purpose' stated boldly.


The poem "winging it" immediately has a personal opening, I have compassion for others, then keeps moving in between personal desires wishes and even self defense, and a shade of self safety which is instinctive and given by nature. Human nature manifested in 'Than God its not me' how true and starkly realistic ending with a highly futuristic note', Overall I enjoyed this poem very much and today is pleased to present it to all readers as 'poem of the week on week 21':

Winging it   by   ‘Unprecedentedintellectual’ Carolina

I have compassion for others
Pity sometimes really
Secretly sighing in relief
“Thank heavens, that’s not me!”
I admire human tenacity
Just prefer not having to be tenacious
Due to my noted fragility
Watched myself and others sidestep landmines
While others walked right into live ammunition
Tripped over anthills
While swearing they where mountains
We all muddle our way though
Not saying I am incompetent
Far from it!
Just stating that like the first man who walked this earth,
I make it up as i go along
I am a staunch believer in the school of life
What I know I have experienced
Life lessons ingrained in my psyche
Shaping my character like a river on  rough terrain
Telling my story, making it folk lore
Giving that future archeologist
A dig of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

your explanation is cool,

Awesome choice.

:)

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

personal poetry is good.