Friday, January 13, 2012

Poetic Reflection Week 22: Words Speak, I Write

Tell us about yourself:  

I am a dreamer for whom creativity fuels my passions in life. Pursuing my doctorate and hoping to mix my interest in women studies and writing in some ways some day.

Tell me about your blog, the name, what does it mean to you?  

My Blog is Titled "Words Speak, I Write". It signifies writing in my life. I  mostly write spontaneously so it is as if words whisper in my ears for me to spill it out on paper.

When did you start blogging? 

 I first started blogging in 2007 and used to maintain 3 blogs back then. Years passed, Blogs changed but I still keep writing.

Your first poem? Remember?  

Well, I think I first wrote it in class VII but it was song more than a poem in my native language...might be still in my old diary but too stupid when I read now. I seriously started writing poetry in my graduation in English Literature and even got published back then. Stopped it for years due to studies and life and pursued again due to blogging. I do remember one I got published once and was on love,

What is Love,
Love is a feeling,
Binding two souls,
It makes you happy,
It makes you sad,
But the most,
It makes you different.


What are your writing inspirations?  

I want to be a writer someday. Be it a poet or novelist , it is my ultimate dream which I hope to achieve one day even if  its in  late stages of  life.

How do you define poetry as “Good”? Do you revise your work? 

 For me 'Good' poetry is one which appeals to the heart and written directly from the heart rather than forced. I am more of the writing in flow kind of poet. So I hardly revise when I blog but yes I have done the revision when some good critic helps me to improve or when I plan to publish.

When did you start writing poetry? Do you write fiction as well?  

I started writing in school, as I told earlier. Yes, I write fiction as well.

Do you have a favorite author or poet?  

Among the authors, Charlotte Bronte and Paul Coehlo has been my  favorite. I love the Poetry of Pablo Neruda,  Eliot and Yeats. 

Favorite quote?  

"Nothing is Permanent"

Why do you support Jingle Poetry Community, including Jingle Poetry @ The Gooseberry Garden?  

Yes , I do. I think you are doing a really good job in giving chances for amateur writers to think and compose through your prompts.

what's your plan for your future writing?  

Writing is very rejuvenating for me. I plan to keep writing always and keep learning as much I can so my writing grows more better with time. It's my passion so I will stick to it forever.

7 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

oh, oops, sorry for the mess,

your responses are awesome.

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Thanks God, I redo it, it is fine now,
smiles.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

magical,

love the look now, smiles.

Thanks for everything, those who helped without showing.

:)
xo

Lady Whispers said...

Thanks a ton for the honor...I am truly grateful :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

she is indeed pure genius when it comes to poetry .

keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Bravo Nabs! Mwwwah! Way to go :D