Sunday, October 30, 2011

Poetry Picnic Week 11-Halloween Special

-->
 
-->                                                              It's Sunday Again, 
  Time 2 Party with Your Friend,
  Let's Make Poetry Rhyme,
Yep, Since It's P-O-E-T-R-Y P-I-C-N-I-C Time!

 

Welcome to Jingle Poetry at The Gooseberry Garden Poetry Picnic Week 11, it is TIME to enjoy some poetry in haunted and creepy manners, that’s right, because it is Halloween Time!!  
This is  Morning welcoming You  to the end of October Poetry Picnic Party Here!


Upon reading some spooky piece from your peers, please let your dark muses rise,  write and share your poetry talent with us, remember, anything haunting, dark, orange color related, or autumn related are WELCOME  here!

-->

Flicker
By


Delightfully drawn to the night, to the day.
Like a flicker of flame.
Curiosity rules my brain, searching.
For what I know not. Oh but that’s part of life’s fun.
Treat or Trick. Trick or treat.
Trying to find a favorite candy.
Problem is: tastes change. So the search rages.
Looking for that flicker, the spark to go on.
Find direction. Such heady things.
Find purpose. Such needy things.
Life is full of this. Tricks. Treats. Flicker. Spark.


Happy Face for Halloween
By


I wear a happy face
for that is how
I want to look;
no costumes
no extra make up
just a happy face
to keep me going
through this trying time
the one that hides all smile.
I wear a happy face
call it my costume
or even my make up
for that’s who I want to be
on this day
that brings back memories
refreshes loss and pain
and let tears flow.
T’was this day
you left in excitement
in your happy face costume
and never returned
on this Halloween day.


Twelve Strokes Pass Midnight
By


It drifts through the dark, a chill
wisp of mist on cold night air,
a dark contrivance wreathing

Silhouetted against shuttered
window panes; stealthily pale, a
shadow under a wire strung moon

Passed locked doors, searching;
seeking entry through cracks and
flaws:

a memory, feigning innocence.


How to Link in My Poetry?

Share your work using InLinkz below, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, at 2pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 78 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


Upcoming Next Week!!  

For Week 12, we will have theme  Feathers,  Fidelity, Figment, and  Fables”. What fun it is, that's next week!

Since this is a virtual party, 
every poet who blogs is invited and welcome here, 
Please dress yourself with Halloween customs, feel FREE to join Us and 
Share your poetry treats, old or new, theme related or unrelated, in any poetry forms!


 

Morning Appreciates Your Lasting Support and Beautiful Poetry Talent Here!
Please feel free to come, share, and enjoy a fun time "Trick or Treating" !



H-A-P-P-Y P-O-E-T-R-Y P-I-C-N-I-C!


Image Credits: Google.com 

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Friend,

I need to get out of town to attend my son's music concert,

thus I posted early today.

will be back visiting you after 6 hours.

Happy Sunday,

Please share and have fun with us.

Morning said...

Have Fun, Folks.

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of haikus here, but on theme!
Jamie

Daydreamertoo said...

BOOOOOO!

LOL

Mine's up. Thanks for the scary prompt :)

Daydreamertoo said...

Can't seem to get to C Rose's link at all.

marit said...

my new piece is haunting in it's own, sort of non-halloween way. here is a piece for those looking for something more related:

http://maritsfuckingblogging.blogspot.com/2011/03/detorit-on-devils-night.html

JBinford-Bell said...

I thought my entry was rather spooky as it wrote itself this morning. When I typed the first line it was suppose to be farcical. But something took over the keyboard.

The Poet said...

Happy Picnic everyone!
I have 2 entries this week, one is on theme.

Have fun all!

#1 This Unknown Spirit

#2 The Beautiful Winds Of India

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Hello,

wow, so many entries already?

Glad to be back here.

am visiting you within 15 minutes,

smiles.

bendedspoon said...

Wow to that Happy Face for Halloween! Made me think how many actually uses that -- halloween or not. Here's my happy face for all bootiful participants :)

Scarlet said...

Thanks for the prompt. My fun post is up ~

Happy halloween ~

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

welcome poets,

your presence is valued here.

keep up the excellence.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks for the prompt. I had written one a while back that is perfect for the theme...

Ina said...

Happy Halloween, I don't know much about it, so I put a poem here about Autumn :) Happy picnic!

Emmanuel Ibok said...

I am pleased to be hosted here. Hope everyone have massive fun.

Cheers! :)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Who needs Halloween?
I get my share of horror
from politicians.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Happy Halloween bloggers!

JJRod'z

Kweschn said...

Happy Halloween Friends! :)
Just posted my entry for this picnic!
Hope you enjoy! :)
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.
My blog is [url=http://www.familyvacationspotsideas.net]Family vacation ideas[/url].

Anonymous said...

our submission is a haibun written in collaboration between Ainsley Allmark and myself. hope you enjoy it.

happy Halloween!

dani
{formerly haiku love songs}

Joann said...

No spooks for me on this hallowed eve, though I've got my goodies ready for all the kids and creepies.

Dennis Go said...

Sorry I'm late hehe
Happy Halloween!

Ramesh Sood said...

Thanks to Jingle Poetry for my link here on sr. 69... enjoyed writing something different...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to add a facebook icon to your website. I just marked down the url, although I had to complete this by hand. Just my 2 cents.

My site:
dsl anbieter vergleichen und dsl vergleich anbieter

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Thanks, Jingle for the honor of being featured for Halloween...a very nice surprise!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their trick or treating.

Eaton :))

Kay said...

Well, I'm a bit late because I was out having a good time. Ha-ha!
Trick-or-Treat! Can't wait to find out!

♥Kay

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Welcome, Eaton, and Ramesh,

please understand: if you link in your entry from either site, The Gooseberry Garden and Jingle Poetry Blog this week, your entry will show up on both blogs.

Glad to see you in, Kay Salady.

Becky Sain said...

Okay -- so it's not exactly spooky or anything, but...

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Thank You Gooseberry Garden -What a lovely Picnic this is.Happy Halloween to All.A treat...
http://poeticocean.blogspot.com/2011/11/poem-in-response-to-gooseberry-garden.html

Anonymous said...

Oh those first three posted on here were GREAT!! Thanks for helping to make my favorite holiday even more special! Can't wait to dive in and see everyone's stuff. :)

Rahul Bhatia said...

Nice One! Happy Halloween!

Ginny Brannan said...

Would've been here sooner, but bad snow and ice storm hit northeast U.S. Saturday & just got internet back this morning! Sharing "Moon Shadows," poem written for Halloween 2011.

Gerry Snape said...

I hope that I'm accepted as it isn't really halloween but to do with the fact that it should be damp and cold at this time up here in the north...and it's not...but I'm loving that! But it's always damp and cold for the bonfire night!!!

knot2share said...

Hello!

I have managed to link two of my haiku - one on halloween and one on autumn. I hope it is ok to link now and not late. Could you please remove the link 167 for me. It is a duplicate of 166 and posted in error. Apologies.

Thank you.